Canada Child Benefit - CCB Calculator
Calculation Sheet for July 2023 to June 2024 payments
Canada Child Benefit (CCB)
The Canada Child Benefit (CCB) is administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). It is a tax-free benefit given to all qualified families to assist with the expense of raising children under the age of 18. The CCB includes child disability benefits (CDB) and any associated provincial and territorial programmes.
Who can get the Canada child benefit (CCB)?
The Canada Child Benefit (CCB) is available to Canadian families who meet certain eligibility criteria. Here are the key requirements to qualify for the CCB:
- You must have a child who is under the age of 18
- The child must be your biological or adopted child
- You must be primarily responsible for the care and raising of the child
- You must be a resident of Canada for tax purposes
- You and your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable) must file your income tax returns each year
When to Apply for CCB?
Apply for CCB as soon as possible after one of the following events:
- The birth of a child
- You get custody of a child or a child starts to live with you
- When you become the primary caregiver of a child who was previously in someone else’s care
- Whether you are a new resident of Canada and meet the eligibility criteria for the CCB
How to Apply for CCB?
- Visit the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website (www.canada.ca/cra)
- Create or log in to your CRA My Account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one by providing your personal information and creating a username and password.
- Once logged in, select “Apply for child benefits” or a similar option, depending on your account interface.
- Follow the instructions and provide the required information, including your details, your children’s information, and your family’s income.
- Download and print the Canada Child Benefits Application (Form RC66SCH) from the CRA website.
- Fill out the form accurately, providing all the required information, including your details, your children’s information, and your family’s income.
- Attach any supporting documents, such as birth certificates or proof of birth, custody or guardianship documents if applicable, and a photocopy of your identification.
- Send the completed application form and supporting documents to the address provided on the form.
Consulting with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) can be a helpful step when it comes to understanding the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) and maximizing its benefits. A CPA can provide personalized advice based on your specific financial situation and help you navigate the complexities of tax laws and regulations. Consulting with a CPA can be beneficial in navigating the complexities of the CCB and maximizing the available benefits for your family. Contact us for a free consultation!
Calculation Sheet for Canada child benefit (CCB) &
Child disability benefit (CDB)
For July 2023 to June 2024 payments (2022 base year)
Use the below link to download the pdf version of the Calculation sheet for Canada Child Benefit (CCB) & Child Disability Benefit (CDB)
CCB (Canada Child Benefit) Calculator
Use the below link to Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) Child and Family Benefits Calculator